This Salmon with Cauliflower Steak and Roasted Broccolini recipe is the simple, nutritious and soul-warming dinner your weeknight needs, and it’s sure to be come your new favourite go-to.
SALMON WITH CAULIFLOWER STEAKS AND ROASTED BROCCOLINIServes two
- Two x 180g piece of salmon
- One tablespoon olive oil or ghee+
- ¼ bunch coriander – leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, sliced down middle to form ‘steaks’ instead of florets
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 garlic clove - chopped
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- Add cauliflower steaks and sprinkle the top of the cauliflower steaks with sea salt
- Place broccolini in oven tray, sprinkle chopped garlic and a dash of olive oil across the broccolini. Place into oven and roast for 10 minutes turning the broccolini over at the halfway point. Once the broccolini is charred on both sides, transfer to plate, cover and set aside.
- Cover frypan with lid and cook cauliflower steaks on one side for minutes, remove the lid, flip and cook alternate side for 4 minutes uncovered. Once cauliflower is cooked, transfer to plate, cover and set aside.
- Rub salmon in remaining one tablespoon of olive oil or ghee. Coriander stalks.
- Place in frypan and cook flesh side down for 3 minutes covered with a lid, uncover, flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes uncovered, skin side down.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- To service, place a dollop of natural yoghurt on the plate, top with salmon, cauliflower steaks, add lemon cheek and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Leave us a message on Facebook or Instagram and let us know what ingredients you used to get creative or better yet, send a photo of your delicious meal and give us food envy!